Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hope

After clicking and scanning through all of the pictures, it just happens that the one I fell in love with was the very last one I came to. The pictures taken of Haiti and the Haitian people are all overwhelmingly touching and heartrendingly sad. However, amidst all of the turmoil, heartache, tragedy, and sickness, this little girl still found something to smile about. Her beautiful charming grin argues that even among disaster and chaos, there is still hope and love to be found. She has given me hope that not everything in life is horrible. She has shown that there are still things to smile about. No matter how small or insignificant the pleasures may seem to others, as long as they make at least one person smile they matter.

2 comments:

Nichole Nelson said...

I completely agree with you! I saw this photograph when I was browsing through that year as well. Its amazing how children can smile through anything! And such a bright smile she has :) A smile goes a long way, and from what you said, I think this little girl knew that. The image also has great quality, with her dark skin and the brilliant white of her smile. The photographer captured her spirit and found a way to show her hope to the world. I am glad you shared this photo!

Worth Weller said...

wow - that's a great, classic photograph; thanks for finding it Kirsten.